This lightweight regulator has a strong reputation for reliability by setting a number of diving records, such as the deep-solo-dive to 313m. and 101 divers breathing simultaneously for 40 minutes from a single MR22 first stage.
Fluid Dynamic Deflector: Receives and properly directs the airflow from the bypass tube to the mouthpiece
Mesh Grid: Patented design that reduces the impact of water flow onto the second stage diaphragm, thus eliminating free flows even in strong currents
Superflux Hose: Lightweight and soft for pliable movement
Ultralight Techno Polymer: Abrasion resistant and affordable, ideal for diving in warm and moderate water temperatures
Vortex Assisted Design (VAD) System: The air bypass tube sends air to the mouthpiece creating a swirling vortex with a low pressure area in the center that keeps the diaphragm down during inhalation, for very easy breathing at all depths. In cold water diving, this system prevents ice crystals (which can be generated by the expansion of humid air in cold temperatures) from interfering with the proper operation of second stage components.
The Tri Material Valve: Made of a central valve in nickel-plated brass; a highly-resistant polyurethane coating covering nearly the entire valve body to protect from wear and tear and an additional polyurethane covering to the surface (head) of the valve to provide a perfect seal, even under extreme conditions. Divers can breathe safely knowing uncontrollable free flow never occurs under any conditions.
Dynamic Flow Control (DFC) System: Minimizes the pressure drop that occurs in all regulator first stages when the diver inhales. The deeper the dive, the demand from airflow from the regulator rises. The DFC system operates in relation to the diver’s actual air demand, independent of depth and tank pressure. It uses the Venturi Effect, optimizing the regulator’s sensitivity and minimizing inhalation resistance, especially during dives in extreme conditions.
All Metal Technology: Long lasting and ideal for cold water dives. The high thermal conductivity of metal reduces the dry mouth feeling during the dive.
- Material: Metal
- First stage: Balanced diaphragm design
- First stage weight INT: 1 11/16lb.
- First stage weight DIN300: 1 5/16lb.
- First stage weight NX: 1 3/8lb.
- Second stage weight: 5/8lb.
- Total weight INT: 2 11/16lb.
- Total weight DIN300: 2 5/16lb.
- Total weight NX: 2 3/8lb.
- Oil cold water kit
- HP Ports: 2 HP 7/16″ UNF ports
- LP Ports: 1 LP ½” UNF ports (primary), 3 LP 3/8″ UNF ports
- Inhale pressure: 9 7/8millibars
- Inhale positive pressure: 3 1/2millibars
- Exhale pressure: 9 1/8millibars
- Inhale work: 5/16joules/liter
- Exhale work: 11/16joules/liter
- Pressure depth: 165ft.
- Two year limited warranty