As a PADI Assistant Instructor, you not only gain additional experience as a PADI Professional scuba diver, but you also start learning the PADI System of diver education. You can act as an instructional scuba assistant and assume limited teaching responsibilities.
The PADI Assistant Instructor course is the first portion of the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) and when followed by the Open Water Scuba Instructor course (OWSI) and successful performance at the Instructor Examination (IE), leads to certification as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor. The IDC course consists of two parts — the Assistant Instructor (AI) course and the Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) program.
The Assistant Instructor (AI) courses can only be done at PADI 5 Star Dive Resorts or PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Dive Resorts, and Big Bubble Centre (BBC) is one of these centers in Singapore.
- Be a PADI Divemaster or qualifying certification from another certification organization
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have 60 logged dives, including night, deep, and navigation dives
- Have been a certified diver for at least 6 months
- Have CPR and First Aid Training within the last 24 months
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months
- Instructor cue cards for PADI’s core courses (OW, AOW, Rescue and Divemaster)
- IDC Candidate Workbook and related reference materials,
- Lesson planning slates for confined and open water
- Quiz and exam booklets for the core courses
- PADI Instructor Manual.
- 2 x Confined Water sessions
- 4 x Knowledge Development Sessions
- PADI Divemaster Manual
- On job training for further experience
- Weekend Dive Trip to Tioman
- Weekend Dive Trip to Pulau Aur
- Theory Class: Big Bubble Centre
- Open Water Dives: Pulau Tioman/Aur